Miss Meghan, Fashion Advice

January 31, 2007

ADRIANA TRIGIANI: SHOE ARE YOU?©


SHOE ARE YOU?©: ADRIANA TRIGIANI

Adriana Trigiani was a playwright, and writer/producer on The Cosby Show and A Different World, as well as the Emmy-nominated Lily Tomlin special, Growing Up Funny before she turned her attention to writing novels. Debuting her first novel Big Stone Gap in 2000, she has turned out a novel per year since then, with her latest Home To Big Stone Gap, making it onto the New York Times, Washington Post and Publishers Weekly best-seller lists. A fellow fan of both Harriet the Spy and Charlotte’s Web, Adrian took a few moments out from her writing time to answer Miss Meghan’s queries into her sole:

What are you favorite pair of shoes and why do you love them so much?

My all time fave shoes were my first pair for kindergarten. They were a Hush Puppy soft gray loafer. I often think of those shoes! I also loved a pair of Peter Fox satin lace-ups that I wore at my wedding. Like children, I love my shoes so much that it's hard for me to pick a favorite. This minute I'm loving my black Juicy Couture knee boots in the snow with the pom poms and charms on them- they're adorable. The leg portion is black cableknit wool- very chic.

Where did you get them?

I got the Juicy boots in New Jersey!

What do you like to wear with them?

Straight leg jeans.

What type of shoes do you like to see on the opposite sex?

My husband has a pair of black suede Donald Pliner loafers- they're divine.

Most you ever paid for a pair of shoes? Least?

The most? I shop sales with a vengence- I could NEVER pay retail- just not in my DNA. I always get a deal on great shoes. The least? Two dollars. And I loved those shoes! (Navy blue wedges with a zipper!)

Best shoe purchase?

Dr. Scholl's sandals, a new pair every summer since I was seven. I have beautiful feet because of those wooden sandals. Worst? I don't like sandals with toe thongs. And spike heels- I just look at and would not, could not actually wear.

Pair of shoes you want to be buried in?

I'm being cremated, so I wouldn't waste a good pair of shoes.

Shoes you wore on your last date?

Stuart Weitzman black suede ankle boots with a wedge heel.

Best pair of shoes to seduce an object of your affection?

I'll tell you what doesn't: Ugg boots.

What pair of shoes changed your life?

The Nike sneakers I was wearing the summer I moved to New York City.

If you could buy a pair of shoes for someone, who would you buy for and why?

I would buy Senator Hillary Clinton the aforementioned Stuart Weitzman black suede boots. You can stand in them for hours and give speeches without your feet hurting- and they give a nice line to the leg.

What shoes would you wear if no one was looking?

My grandmother's work shoes: black leather lace ups with a 3 inch heel.

Pointy or round toe?

Pointy.

Stiletto or flat?

Always a stiletto- heels are crucial.

On men you prefer: Wingtip or cool sneaker?

Either.

Your favorite charity or good cause and why?

The Saint Mary's Health Wagon run by Sister Bernadette Kenney in the Appalachians. She brings medicine up to folks in the mountains that need it. She's a saint.


To be considered for Miss Meghan's Shoe are you?© column, send an email to: shoeareyou@missmeghan.com

If you are an advertiser and would like to sponsor the column, send an email to: sponsor@missmeghan.com