Miss Meghan, Fashion Advice

April 11, 2005

OH MY!

I hope miss meg has not let you down. I blame my mini-absence on the weather. Oh yes my pretties, here in lovely nyc, it was 70 and sunny and breezy all weekend, practically tropical.

Friday kicked off the weekend with a shopping to do with my honey and the SFJ. We hit the new reiss store which is has quite amazing décor I must say. Lots of tubular glass hanging lights and such. Then we hit john varvatos where ashley gave us all the dish on john's women's line. Apparently buyers have been slow to pick up his women's line, however I think it's rather brilliant -- sort of an American version of the new lanvin with those soft jackets.

Saturday threw me into the arms of dante, my fabulous stylist at bumble and bumble. He gave me quite the angie Dickinson (see third pic down) gone awry look that I love so much. I relaxed in the fabulous café afterwards then did a mini-shop in the meatpacking. Did you know la perla is doing both ready to wear and shoes? Some really gorgeous dresses including a simply stnning white silk full length embroidered lacey lovely thing.

Puma design store has some fabulous mens shoes and very cute pink sandals for girls with a laser etched illustration floral designs.

Later we hit august to try out the new menu, Russell joined us for a glass of wine, then we scooped up the fabulous sarah Lukashok, and headed to jade's where we discussed Nigeria, the taxman, and the killer tunes the DJ was playing. After scarfing some saint ambroeus cake down, we boogied until late into the night, with Russell providing the best quote of the night, "who ever did your work did an amazing job." This is what he said to the transsexual with very large breasts. Ahem. Thank you Russell.


Sunday brought another fab brunchie at the spotted pig. Holly was a good influence on me and we avoided the banoffee pie and headed straight to two fabulous open houses, one on charles street where we enjoyed one of the most fabulous roof views ever. Then it was over to libby the puppys house. She is half pug and half beagle and while she is small she is 40 pounds of packe din muscle. Quite a bicep workout. We chilled at the river with the fabulous erin and had a dog party with deluxe and her mom too.