Miss Meghan, Fashion Advice

January 30, 2004

SHE'S QUICK ON THE DRAW!

my first response to my shoe question from dear reader naomi in san francisco:

"Yah, I have a tiny addiction to shoes myself...which I feed on a monthly basis...it's the Philippino in me, it was ingrained from the womb.

So my absolute fave shoes? My Mom's red t-strap vintage Jourdans from like 1969...they're mint...and I had to stop her from throwing them away a couple of years ago. And my second? The final pair of Marc Jacobs at a deep discount at Saks this past winter -- which fended off two Hong Kong tourists from taking out of my "piles", they're typical black half-boots but it's the thought that I had to have a WWF style smackdown is worth a chuckle or two."

oh yessss my dear, i hear you on the jourdans & WWF smackdowns are never too large a price to pay for the perfect boot.